Friday, 26 August 2011

Children's Cookbook Research 3

This time I will be looking at an older children's cookbook layout... "Crazy Cooking" by Juliet Bawden published in 1995...

Quite like the font that's been used for the title but other than that this cover doesn't really inspire me at all...

Contents page included like in the other book I have researched. Quirky names used for each of the sections which is a nice touch. The amount of dots alongside the recipes represents the level of difficulty, this is a really good idea that I may use in my own book but perhaps with the colours red, yellow and green.

This is similar to the "things to remember" page in the first book I looked at. Obviously this is a very important part of a cook book and should be something I include in my own.

Once again a page similar to the first book's "helpful hints" pages. This book only has 3 pages of hints whereas the first one had hints at the end of each section of recipes. If my book is only focused on cakes then I should only need one double page of helpful hints.

A typical recipe double page. Black and white simple illustrations. Recipe broken up into 3 sections to make it easier to understand for the reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment